Albufeira is one of the most popular destinations in the Algarve and has many villas Algarve to rent. Especially during summer the beautiful beaches and superb nightlife attract many tourists. The lively Albufeira Portugal once was a small and scenic fishing village. Fortunately, the old centre on the hillside still breathes a pleasant atmosphere with narrow, winding lanes of whitewashed houses and picturesque beaches, backed by high cliffs. Albufeira is ideal to rent a villa in the Algarve!
Algarve Housing rents unique villas in the Algarve Portugal. We have selected a nice townhouse in Albufeira for you!
Why rent a villa in Albufeira?
Close to Faro airport, no car needed, everything is within walking distance, nice bars, restaurants, nightlife, good shops, fantastic beaches, many festivals, central Algarve and last but not least….. nice villas Algarve!
Most tourists visit Albufeira for the beaches, restaurants, bars and nightclubs. In central Albufeira with its cobbled streets, there’s still a Moorish feel. The highlights of Albufeira Portugal:
- Praia da Oura – the beautiful ‘golden’ beach
- Praia dos Barcos – famous because of the brightly painted boats
- The Strip – the largest nightlife area in the Algarve
- Igreja de Matriz
- Igreja de São Sebastião – one of the region’s oldest churches
- Moorish castle walls
Albufeira Portugal offers a variety of beautiful beaches. Some are very popular and crowded, offering all the touristic facilities and activities you could wish for. Others are relatively quiet and small, offering a beautiful natural setting. Some of the best beaches of Albufeira Portugal:
- Praia da Oura – at the bottom of ‘The Strip’
- Praia do Castelo – a small beach with high, imposing cliffs
- Praia dos Salgados – a peaceful, natural beach near a lagoon
- Praia do Túnel (Peneco) – the first beach east of Albufeira
- Praia dos Arrifes – a small cove, sheltered by sculpted rocks
- Praia de Santa Eulália – blue sea, bright sand and green pinewoods
Activities & Events Albufeira
The clear blue Atlantic Ocean makes the Algarve an ideal place for swimming, watersports, boat tours and sailing trips. The beautiful landscape of the interior Algarve invites you to undertake other activities. Activities in and around Albufeira Portugal:
- sailing cruises
- kite surfing
- scuba diving and snorkeling
- jet skiing and water skiing
- horse riding
- jeep safaris
The major local event in Albufeira Portugal is the ‘Festa da Ourada’, held on 14 August. It’s a religious festival in honour of the fishermen’s patron saint with a large procession and mighty fireworks over Praia dos Pescadores (Praia dos Barcos) at midnight.
During the summer period you can also visit the performances in the old centre of Albufeira Portugal where artists, musicians, dancers, singers and folklore groups give their best to entertain tourists and children.
Restaurants & Bars Albufeira
Albufeira is internationally famous for its nightlife. There are two main areas where you can eat, drink and go out: the ‘street of bars’ in the old centre and ‘The Strip’ and Areias de São João in the east of Albufeira Portugal.
In the old centre loads of tourists make their way through narrow streets with handicraft and souvenir stalls, restaurants, bars and cafés with loud music, all offering cheap drinks and colourfull cocktails. In the east of town, you will find a lot of Portuguese and international restaurants, bars, pubs, nightclubs and discos where you can party until 6 am! Here you’ll find two of the most popular nightclubs in the Algarve:
- Kiss – with extreme festivals, house, techno and hip-hop
- Liberto’s – with an esplanada, swimming pool and palm trees
The surroundings of Albufeira Portugal also have a lot to offer such as theme parks and other tourist attractions. If you want to experience another side of the Algarve, you can make excellent day trips into the beautiful and unspoiled interior of Albufeira Portugal. Things to see and to do in the surroundings of Albufeira Portugal:
- Zoo Marine – a superb theme park with water, animals and spectacular shows
- Krazy World – with a fairground, mini zoo, crazy golf course and swimming pools
- Aqualand – a water park with huge slides and rapids
- Aquashow – with parrots, flamingos and Europe’s biggest wave pool
- Alte – one of the most beautiful villages of the Algarve
- Paderne – a sleepy, charming village with an old castle and church
No accommodations matching criteria.