Our Booking Terms and Conditions
- In these conditions ‘The Agency’ means Algarve Housing. ‘The Unit’ means the holiday unit available for occupation. The ‘Owner’ means the person (s) who owns the Unit. The ‘Guest’ means the person (s) who has (have) booked the Unit for holiday purposes through the Agency as mentioned on the ‘Booking Form’, ‘The Period’ means the period of time agreed with the Agency of the occupation of the Unit by the guest as stated on ‘the Booking form’. The contract of hire shall be between the Guest and the Owner. The Agency merely acts as intermediary for the Owner.
- The Unit is to be occupied by the guest and his/her specified party members for the holiday purposes only as mentioned in the terms of article 1095° of the Portuguese Civil code and the Guest acknowledges that the Tenancy granted by this contract during the period is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
- The maximum number of guests on site must not exceed the ‘Number of Guests’ stated in your “Booking Form”. As such, parties, meetings, etc., are expressly forbidden. Guest(s) will peacefully and quietly occupy the Unit and will conduct themselves in a manner inoffensive to the neighbours (if there are any). Guest(s) will not permit activities on the Unit that are contrary to any law, ordinance and/or applicable health or fire provisions. Violation of this clause will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments.
- At the end of the Period the Guest shall leave the Unit and its furniture, fixtures and fittings and all other contents in the same state of repair, clean and tidy condition as it was found at the commencement of the Period. Any breakage, loss or damage arising during the Period must be reported by the Guest to the Owner or his/her Caretaker immediately. The Owner or his/her Caretaker shall be entitled to charge for the cost of repair or replacement or to deduct such sums from any security deposit paid by the Guest. Guest responsibility is not limited to the Damage Deposit amount.
- The Owner and or his/her Caretaker and or Agency shall be entitled at any time to enter into the Unit to examine its conditions and the condition of its furniture, fixtures and contents.
- The Agency and the Owneraccepts no responsibility for personal injury to Guests, or loss of or damage to the Unit or for other matters over which the Owner or his/her Caretaker or the Agency has no control.
- Whilst every effort is made to ensure that statements, descriptions and particulars of the Unit are accurate and that the Unit will be available for the Guest as arranged, the Agency will not be liable if the Unit does not meet the requirement of the Guest (s). Prior to concluding this contract the Guest (s) must ensure that the Unit they have chosen is entirely suitable for all members of their party.
Within a week after booking the Agency need to have received 50% of total rent. We do not accept cheques and or credit card payments. Once the booking has been made by the Guest they are responsible for the balance payment, inclusive the damage deposit, which shall be paid 6 weeks before commencement of the Period. The damage deposit will be returned once full inspection of the Unit has been carried out. If any damage to the Unit is found, The Agency, either in full or part, will retain the deposit. Damage deposit will be returned into Guests bank account, if damage deposit is not paid from a euro country, the deposit will be returned according the current rate at moment of return. Where the booking is made within 6 weeks of the commencement of the Period it must be paid in full. Where applicable, costs for air conditioning and heating are not included in the rental price. A administratioin fee of 25 euros will be charged together with balance payment. Only in case of a cash paymet of the balance on arrival, the admin fee is charged by booking.
- If the Guest requires canceling his/her booking they must notify the Agency immediately. The Agency will make reasonable endeavors to obtain a replacement booking but if it fails to do so the Guest loose the deposit, in case of cancellation less then 6 weeks before commencement of the Period, total amount is not refundable, unless the Agency find a replacement booking. In event of the Agency finds a replacement booking, the Guest pays a cancellation fee of 10% of total rent.
- The Agency reserves the right to charge an administration fee of €50 in respect of any alterations made to a booking after the booking confirmation has been issued by the Agency.
- Check-in is at 4pm, check-out is at 10am. Non-standard check-in and check-out times must be approved by the Agency in writing.
- In the event of the Unit becoming unavailable due to circumstances beyond the control of the Agency, the Agency will endeavor to provide suitable alternative accommodation or will refund all monies paid or a proportion in the case of curtailment.
- The Agency and the Owner and or his/her Caretaker reserve the right to alter or withdraw facilities or amenities which have been advertised or previously available without prior notice where reasonably necessary due to repairs, maintenance, weather conditions and other circumstances beyond their control.
- The Owner and or his/her Caretaker reserve the right to ask the Guest to pay a security deposit. Where a deposit is payable the Guest will be informed by the Agency at the time of booking and the amount and procedure will be confirmed in writing.
- In the event of there being a complaint concerning the Unit the matter must be taken up immediately by the Guest with the Owner or his/her caretaker whose name will have been supplied by the Agency. The Agency regrets that it is unable to deal with a complaint after the Guest has left the property or returned home.
- Guest may not let, sublet, or assign this rental agreement.
- This agreement does not create a long-term tenancy for the Unit. Guest can be removed from the Unit without process of law if they do not depart on the last day of The Period indicated on the ‘Booking Form’.
- Bookings cannot be accepted by persons under the age of 18 years.
- The Contract shall be governed solely by these conditions of business and shall be subject to the laws of Portugal.