Lagos has become one of the most popular destination for tourists in the Algarve, and we are proud to have some nice holiday villas for rent in Lagos! Algarve Housing rent unique luxury villas in the Algarve and has selected two very nice holiday villas in Lagos. Have a look and please contact me for any further details.
Lagos has a nice old centre with lots of bars, terraces, shops and restaurants, beaches to walk to and the lively marina(harbour) which is a nice venue to stroll around, have a drink or a bite and very often to listen to live music.
- Why rent a villa in Lagos?
- Highlights Lagos
- Beaches Lagos
- Activities & Events Lagos
- Restaurants & Bars Lagos
- Surroundings Lagos
- Accommodation Lagos
Why rent a villa in Lagos?
It has many nice features, like the harbour, the marina Lagos, where you can find among others many watersport facilities like sailing, dolphin trips, trips to the beautiful caves and much more. So you can do plenty of activities around the villa.
Besides this it is very lively with nice bars and restaurants with almost every evening live music. The town itself is worth a visit too plus the many beaches taking your breath away…..
Lagos Portugal, is an ancient and dynamic coastal town in the Algarve and , proud of its historic past – it played an important role in the Great Maritime Discoveries. The little port of Lagos Portugal is nestled in one of the biggest bays in Europe, which offers clear and calm beaches with their ochre rocks carved by the sea. Lagos is the perfect place to rent a villa and spend your hoiday in the Algarve.
Rent a villa in the Lagos area?
Lagos Portugal centre offers a maze of cobbled criss-crossed streets of note-worthy architecture, fine restaurants and shops, beautiful beaches and vibrant night life. The highlights of Lagos Algarve are:
- The churches: St. Maria, St. Sebastião, St. António
- The Municipal Museum
- The many beaches and coves
- The Fortress of Ponta da Bandeira
- The Museum Nucleus of the Slave Market Lagos Marina
- The Living Science Center of Lagos (Centro Ciência Viva de Lagos –CCVL)
- The Lagos Zoo (few kilometres outside Lagos)
- The ‘Boa Esperança’ Caravel
- The Cultural Centre of Lagos
The town of Lagos Portugal is a tourist destination per excellence for family fun in the sun. It primes for its accessible beaches with their award winning bathing waters, long stretches of golden sand, and naturally isolated coves.
- Meia Praia – It stretches over four kilometres of fine golden sand to the river estuary of Alvor.
- The Golden Coast Beaches – Beginning next to the Fortress near the entrance to the old harbour, there are many sheltered beaches linked by tunnels dug into the rock, offering crystal clear waters and lacy rock formations: Batata beach, followed by Estudantes, Pinhão, Dona Ana and Camilo, ending at the point of Ponta da Piedade.
- Praia do Porto de Mós – Large beach and one of the busiest. Accessible to individuals with limited mobility.
- Praia da Luz – This is a beautiful beach, with generous banks of soft sand, framed by cliffs and the traditional white houses.
Algarve Portugal is much more than sand and sun. The town of Lagos Portugal, is alive with leisure, culture, entertainment and sport activities. There are many good suggestions to keep you busy and relaxed, such as boat trips to the coast’s caves and grottoes. Golfing is a must in Algarve Portugal, and Lagos offers spectacular courses with amazing views over the town’s bay. In Lagos Portugal, you can also enjoy multiple water sports, diving, sailing, fishing, dolphin watching, river boat trips & bird watching. You can go horse-riding near Lagos Portugal, or enjoy a journey to discover the wildlife in the Lagos Zoo. Arts & crafts exhibits, fairs & competitions, live music concerts, local folklore – Lagos municipality offers an array of ideas for fun and learning throughout the season.
There are several restaurants in Lagos where you can enjoy the cuisine of the Algarve and indulge in local food. Some of the most popular dishes are the fish soups, octopus, squid, grilled fresh fish, fish stews and seafood. Delicious! In Lagos Portugal, you can also find many restaurants specializing in other types of cuisine such as Italian, French, Chinese or Indian. Both down town Lagos and Lagos Marina are busy areas with outdoor stylish cafés, live music entertainment, performance artists, handicraft boutiques and street vendors.
Lagos Portugal night life has been always a popular choice for all party seekers: this small town presents a wide choice of bars, pubs and clubs and most are located in the old historic centre within short walking distance from each other. Walking around and finding the type of place that suits your taste is fun, and new spots pop up from one year to another.
Some popular places are:
- Phoenix Nights
- Stevie Ray’s
- Grand Café
- Taberna de Lagos
- X Bar
- Amuras (Lagos Marina)
- Upper Deck (Lagos Marina)
- Duna Beach Club (Meia Praia Beach)
Lagos Portugal, has got six rural parish councils surrounding it, villages with plenty of charm and history, well worth a visit. Lagos Zoo
- Praia da Luz – Originally a fishing village nowadays has several holiday resorts and is a holiday area all year for tourists from different nationalities. The beach itself is divided into two parts, one with fine white sand and the other with rocks. The water is clean and transparent. It maintains its traditional and typical character. Along the promenade there are also some ruins of Roman baths from 3rd to 5th century A.D.
- Barão de São João – A traditional inland village on the edge of the National Forest that boasts a variety of tree species. Just before the forest is the Cultural Centre, where are usually held the traditional celebrations, exhibitions, and other events. Very close to this village you can also visit the:
- Lagos Zoo – About 15 minutes north-west from LagosPortugal . It’s a fun and educational day out for the family. A very popular attraction with over 100 animal species and a huge variety of plants from all over the world. It offers good infrastructures and restoration areas, picnic area and a park with swings, as well as other activities for children. Well worth a visit.
Algarve Housing offers some holiday villas in the Lagos Algarve region. We offer luxury Town Houses and villas with beach views. Lagos Portugal is an ideal destination for your holiday in the Algarve. If you want to rent a unique accommodation on a beautiful spot, please take a look at our selection in west algarve.